Selecting the right metal roofing for your property can be a confusing task. There’s so much choice out there, and if you’re looking for metal roofing in Ann Arbour, there are so many thoughts and myths surrounding such roofing. It’s time to put the myths to bed though; let’s get the facts straight. Here are the metal roofing myths that people worry about most:
- Poor Performance in Weather – Weather is a huge factor to consider when deciding which metal roofing is best for your home because of the weather conditions homeowners may face. Many believe that metal roofing may not stand up to the weather extremes in the US, however, metal roofing has been proven to stand the test of various elements across different states. In the snow and hail, it demonstrates an excellent performance, protecting your home in a far superior way than traditional roofing materials. And in the hot weather, metal roofing cools your home, making it an energy efficient option over other roofing materials.
- Style Options – Many homeowners have the misconception that the metal roofing options available on the market will not fit the style of their home. But with the vast range of styles available for your home – be it a Victorian or Colonial property, or a stylish contemporary home; there are enough styles out there to suit your needs.
- Color Choice – Metal roofing is so versatile and is indeed no ‘one hit wonder’ when it comes to color choice. Like the style of the metal roofing you choose, color options are also huge, meaning that you can find a colour to suit your roof and accentuate the look and feel of your home and its surroundings.
- Cost – The cost of home improvements can be daunting for homeowners, and many worry that metal roofing will be much more than other roofing materials available. It’s often the case that metal roofing in Ann Arbour may mean more of an upfront cost, but when comparing metal roofing to other options as a lifetime investment; metal roofing wins. It’s likely to last a lifetime, so there will typically be no maintenance needed, and you may even save money on your home insurance premium with it.
- Quality Compared to Other Roofing Materials – Metal is a material that people can often feel reluctant to use for their roofing because they worry about it rusting. Yes, metal rusts, but not when it has a zinc coating, which is what we use here at com. The Zinc finish means it’ll protect the metal and keep your roof rust free and durable for years to come.
- Noise – We all know the sound of rain against metal and unfortunately many prospective metal roof home owners let the myth that it will be too loud stop them from opting for a metal roof. Again, this is another metal roofing myth. Your metal roofing contractors in Ann Arbour will lay down a good quality sheathing before the metal roofing, meaning sound won’t be louder than other materials and may even be quieter, depending on the type of metal roofing you go for.
It’s important to know the facts when investing in metal roofing, and it’s so easy for confusion to spiral when hearing the myths surrounding it. Hopefully, we’ve put these myths to bed, but if you have any more questions please get in touch at ecometalusa.com